It’s the first monday of the new year, so you know what that means… Time to set goals! I had a very unmotivated year last year, so I’m going to be doubling up on my efforts this year.
1. Pull ahead of schedule in editing. Way ahead. I’m slowly making it, but like I said, I’ve been very unmotivated lately. This HAS to change.’
2. Watch less TV. Yes, I know that one sounds stupid, but at our house, the TV is ALWAYS on. The hubby and I are serious TV junkies. This means I’m going to have to weed through some of the shows I watch and cut them out.
3. Move up into my office to work instead of always working on the couch in front of the TV. My husband did a wondeful job on my office upstairs, and I need to get back into the habit of working up there. Less distractions for me and I get a lot more done.
4. Quit screwing around so much. Yeah, that’s right. No more games on Facebook, which is my #1 distraction. I’maddicted to Cube Crash in the Mindjolt games and I need to stop. I’ll sit there and mindlessly play it while I watch TV…when I should be editing, answering e-mails, reading submissions, doing housework, etc.
5. Read more for pleasure. I started keeping a journal and from now on I’m going to write down every book I read. Yup. I’m going to make little emoticon notations by it to indicate how much I liked it. My goal is to fill the journal with names of books and authors. How long will it take? I have no clue. Years. And more years. But I miss reading for pleasure and I’ve been sooo far behind on current stuff it’s silly.
6. Eat healthier and exercise at least 3 times a week. This is something I’ve always been horrible about, and recently it’s been causing some issues, so I really need to stick to it. I need to weed the junk of out my diet, start cooking “real” food instead of stuff from boxes because it’s quicker and easier. =P
7. Get back into writing. Yes, I write. Well, not really anymore. I’ve been focusing on editing, and I miss writing, so I’m going to take a half hour out of every day and start getting some of the stories in my head out. Editing is still going to be my top priority, but I need to take some time out to do something I enjoy doing and maybe can earn a few bucks at. =P That’s always a bonus.
What are some of your goals for 2010?